Our weekly Better Body Resolution Facebook contest asked for your favorite BBS-friendly recipes, and we were not disappointed! We received hundreds of amazing recipes. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Today, we want to share just a few of our favorite submissions. Thanks to Yoli Nation, we have recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Enjoy!
Baked Eggs in Avocado: Submitted by Chelsea Davis
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Slice the avocados in half and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first and then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper and garnish of your choice.
Almond Butter Cookie Dough Balls: Submitted by Nikole Jean
- 2 scoops vanilla YES
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp. vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients well and form into balls. Freeze any extras.
Simple Apple or Banana Snack: Submitted by Meg Comiskey Mroz
Mix granola or crushed almonds with natural peanut butter and spread between 2 large slices of apple or banana and enjoy a crunchy healthy snack!
Baked Chicken: Submitted by Erica Luebbers Hasselback
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (approx. 1.5 lbs.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ⅓ cup shredded Mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add a splash of olive oil. Cook spinach over medium until slightly wilted (approx. 3-5 min). Add crumbled goat cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted (about 1 min).
- Stir in red pepper flakes (if using) and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through (be careful not to cut all the way through) about ½ – 3/4 inch apart (approx. 6-8 slits per chicken breast).
- Stuff each slit with spinach and goat cheese mixture.
- Generously salt and pepper top of chicken breast and season with paprika.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven and bake for 20-25 min. If desired, switch oven from bake to broil for the last 10 min. of cooking (for more bubbly and browned cheese)
Slow Cooker Jambalaya: Submitted by Amanda Tremmaglia
- 1 package andouille sausage
- ½ pound uncooked shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 3 bell peppers (one each of green, red, and yellow or orange), diced
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 jalapeños (see note), seeds and stems removed
- 1½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 30-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons store-bought or homemade cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper, or to taste
- cilantro or parsley, for topping (optional)
- Slice sausage into sections (about ¼ inch thick slices). Remove tails from shrimp if they are still on. Chop chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Add sausage, chicken, bell peppers, jalapeños, chicken broth, tomatoes, minced garlic, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper to greased slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low. Stir in rice and cook another 1-2 hours until rice is fully cooked and tender.
- About 20 minutes before serving, uncover slow cooker, stir in shrimp, re-cover and cook for another 15-20 minutes. Stir contents of slow cooker, sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley if desired, and serve hot.
Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their recipes with us. We’ll have a new social media contest starting next Monday, January 15, so make sure you participate on our Facebook page!